Anxiety symptoms – Explained and removed
Anxiety symptoms are not what they appear to be. Understand anxiety symptoms in context.
Commonly, anxiety symptoms are defined as the physical and mental manifestations of ILLNESS… but anxiety disorders aren’t illnesses… so what are these ‘anxiety symptoms’?
We at LTE, have all suffered from anxiety so we truly understand the level of suffering, frustration, despair and disruption anxiety symptoms cause but we also know that when the disorder is removed, the symptoms quickly disappear.
When suffering, it is so difficult to see anything other than the symptoms. They seem so overwhelming and worrying.
Anxiety conditions cause massive disruption within the systems of the human body but none of it is illness or disorder… the body is, actually, doing exactly what it evolved to do. The production of anxiety symptoms has a specific purpose.
Fear is isn’t actually an emotion… unlike emotions like happiness, sadness or anger, for example, which provide a physical and mental experience of external environments, fear is has a specific and unique function… to keep us safe.
Anxiety ‘symptoms’ are caused by the activation of bodily responses in preparation for action… fight or flight. Other anxiety symptoms, such as IBS, muscle pain, dizziness etc. are side-effects of that process.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- Smothering sensations and shortness of breath
- Racing heart, slow heart beat, palpitations
- Chest Pain
- Globus Hystericus – ‘Lump in throat’ and difficulty swallowing
- Blanching (colour loss in the skin)
- Excessive Perspiration (sweating)
- Shaking or shivering (visibly or internally)
- Pain or numbness in the head, face, arms, neck or shoulders
- Rapid gastric emptying
- Indigestion, heartburn, constipation and diarrhoea
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Symptoms of urinary tract infection
- Increased need to urinate
- Skin rashes
- Weakness/tingling in arms, hands or feet
- ‘Electric shock’ feelings (anywhere in the body)
- Dry mouth
- Fears of going mad or losing control
- Increased depression and suicidal feelings
- Symptoms like ‘flu’
- Distorted vision
- Disturbed hearing
- Hormone problems
- Headaches and feelings of having a ‘tight band around head’
- Sore eyes
- ‘Creeping’ or ‘pins and needles’ sensations in the skin
- Increased sensitivity to light, sound, touch, and smell
- Dramatic increase in sexual feelings
- Pain in the face or jaw (resembling toothache)
- Derealisation and Depersonalisation
- Panic Attacks
- OCD – Obsessive thoughts and compulsions
- Pure O – Inappropriate/strange thoughts
The above list isn’t, by any mean, exhaustive but very indicative of the wide range of anxiety symptoms they can experience.
Does medication remove anxiety disorders or remove symptoms?
In a word… NO. Why? Because to remove the ‘symptoms’ of anxiety is to remove or address the physical responses of FEAR. That is wholly and practically impossible… and who would want to? Fear keeps us safe.
The only solution is to remove the disorder itself… returning disorder to ORDER. Which is what TLM does.
Does ‘therapy’ remove anxiety disorders?
No… it cannot. In fact, talking therapies, including CBT, counselling, hypnosis and psycho-analysis will perpetuate and even worsen the condition.
Why? Because practice makes perfect. By doing the above practices, you are confirming that the anxiety is appropriate. This all happens sub-consciously regardless of what you want or feel. It’s like going on a treadmill and trying to prevent fitness.
The solution is simple, scientific, common sense, fast and so relieving.